Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Congratulations William and Catherine

The world is in a frenzy after the birth of the new royal baby, third in line to the British throne. The baby boy, HRH the Prince of Cambridge, was born yesterday, Monday, July 22, 2013, at 4:24 PM, in the Lindo Wing of St. Mary's Hospital in London, and weighed 8 lbs., 6 oz. If that wasn't exciting enough, today, his parents, Prince William and Princess Catherine, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, presented him to the world on the same steps where, thirty-one years ago, Princess Diana and Prince Charles first introduced William.



I've spent most of the day pinning photos from the event and posting on Facebook and Twitter. I can't explain exactly why I'm so excited and, yes, teary over the whole thing. It's not like I know them personally, much as I might wish I did. I do definitely have a princess complex and think I'd be just darling at being a royal if presented the opportunity. LOL In fact, for a long time I was convinced I did indeed have royal blood, thanks to a family story about my grandmother tracing our lineage back to William the Conqueror. A good friend, who is well-versed in genealogy, disabused me of that notion when she explained the exponential growth of every generation and that basically anyone with an ounce of English blood in their bodies most likely has a drop or two from that distant King. I can't adequately describe the depth of my disappointment. *sigh*

But all that aside, I'm just ridiculously happy about everything to do with Will and Kate, from their long-term relationship, the engagement and wedding, their public appearances, right down to the Great Kate Wait and Baby Watch. One might even say I've developed a bit of an obsession, especially after having viewed my "Will & Kate" Pinterest board. http://pinterest.com/ChantillyWhite/will-kate/ in case you're interested. Be prepared to spend some time.

So, rather than do a regular ol' blog post (not that I've been what you'd call consistent about that, anyway), I figured instead I would post what's in my heart today and just shout out one more, "Congratulations, Will and Kate! And welcome, Baby Cambridge!" to the universe. I wish them every happiness.


No comments: