Monday, February 3, 2014

Five Ways To Win My Heart

Last week, we talked about five general ways people show love for each other. Since Valentine’s Day is coming up, and love is in the air, this week I’m sharing five ways my hubby has shown love to me specifically.

  1. He talks about Harry Potter, and lets me talk about Harry Potter as much as I want. (Which is a LOT.) Sometimes, he even quotes the movies. We’re working on getting him through the books so he can really make me swoon with a book quote or nine.
  2. He loves the Green Bay Packers almost as much as I do, and in some ways more, since he has proven more forgiving to them over the whole Brett Favre thing than I have. And no, this is not an invitation to start an argument over whether the franchise handled that situation properly or not. My blog, my rules, and my football heart belongs to Brett first, the Packers a very close second. Aaron Rodgers still has a ways to go to win me over completely. His funny commercials are helping, and of course getting the Packers into the post season three times in a row and a phenomenal Super Bowl win… But still. I miss Brett. And I’m still mad at McCarthy and Thompson. For those of you who have no idea who or what I’m talking about, don’t worry about it! But you football fans know. And I'm still steamed.
  3. He makes me laugh. Sometimes unintentionally, it’s true, but it all counts! And he helps me laugh at myself. Also sometimes unintentionally. All’s fair in love, right?
  4. He loves me, and he lets me know it. He does all sorts of things, from small daily chores to the big gestures, to make sure I know how he feels.
  5. And the biggest one for melting my heart: He LOVES our children. He is a fantastic dad. I could toss all the rest of this list out the window (well, except for the one about loving me, too, LOL), and he would still have won my heart a billion times over.

There are many ways to win a heart, but these five are key for me.

How does your love show his feelings for you? Share in the comments!

No comments: